Tom's Trip to South East Asia

Out of the 'Boat for a few months of tropical travel. No lease, No Dog, No work, No snow, might be the best time of my life to do something extreme. Watch from your office as I soak in sun and culture in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam this mud season.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I arrived in Ko Phangan this afternoon after a long overnight on a full tourist bus and a couple hours on a ferry. It is gorgeous here and very chilled out. This Saturday is the full moon festival a monthly tourist party on the island, and it is drawing lots of young people although everything has been very relaxed so far. I got to my bungalow and immediately went for dip in the warmest water I have ever swam in. The view is pretty awesome and the water is that turquoise green I have only seen in commercials. After swimming my first monsoon weather came in with a gusto of hard rain. It cleared through quickly and has left the skies a bit overcast and the weather cooler. A welcome change as I have been sweating my ass off since I got in country. After the rain I had lunch and lounged all afternoon with a couple of British guys on a year long trip around the world. I got quizzed on US politics and Buddhist religious theory, and you'll be surprised to here that I had an answer for everything, and some of them may have been accurate. It is pretty lazy beach chillen around here so not much to report but I am very happy to be here and recommend this experience to anyone. Being alone has afforded me constant opportunities to meet new and interesting people that I probably wouldn't if I had company. Was hoping to get up photos but the computer won't recognize my camera. Just gonna be relaxing and might check out a Muay Thai boxing match tonight.

2 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger mom said...

I can get pretty good resolution of the island on google maps. Where in the island are you staying? Good posts thanks.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger travis said...

Everybody in Mambos is asking about you. I gave them an update. I emailed you, but now that i figured this out, i'll use this. Things are good in the boat. Ski season is fast approaching. be good. travis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home