Tom's Trip to South East Asia

Out of the 'Boat for a few months of tropical travel. No lease, No Dog, No work, No snow, might be the best time of my life to do something extreme. Watch from your office as I soak in sun and culture in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam this mud season.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Just got to Chang Mai an hour ago after a long boring, tiring day of boat bus and air travel. I leave on my trek tomorrow morning and wanted to scheck in before heading into the jungle and out of contact till the evening of the 20th. The trek includes stays at a hill tribe village, elephant rides and bamboo raft riding. Sounds awesome. Totally exhausted and need rest before hiking tommorrow. I'll write soon after I return.

2 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger mom said...

checked out some web sites that describe the type of trip you are on, sound great. Waiting to hear of your successful return - how was the food/cooking class?
mom

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger travis said...

it has been snowing in steamboat for about a week. not much accumulation on the ground in town, but it is getting there. i went skiing on sunday, and i'm going again tomorrow for my birthday. everybody is asking about you, but they keep forgetting to check the blog. i'm giving them updates for you. can't wait to see you. i'm glad you are having such a good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home