Tom's Trip to South East Asia

Out of the 'Boat for a few months of tropical travel. No lease, No Dog, No work, No snow, might be the best time of my life to do something extreme. Watch from your office as I soak in sun and culture in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam this mud season.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

The last three days in Luang Prabang have been incredible. Not much has really been done, but that is just fine. I've nearly lost all track of time and think it is saturday. This town is very laid back, with friendly locals that are curious to speak with you about everything. The first day I toured local 16th century budhist temples by bike. Yesterday I went out of town a bit by mountain bike and climbed the hill in the center of town for sunset. And today I took a tuk-tuk out to local waterfalls on the nam khong river. Town is very picturesque, however I don't think my camera is gonna work on this computer, and the next one over gave me a shock just for trying to plug in the usb. Not much else to report on the last few days. Tommorrow I will be bussing down to Vang Vien with the folks I went to the waterfall with today. Should be another very relaxed small river town, where tubing the river is the most popular tourist activity. Sorry for the short post but I dont have much to say and am getting hungery for some more tasty Lao food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home