Tom's Trip to South East Asia

Out of the 'Boat for a few months of tropical travel. No lease, No Dog, No work, No snow, might be the best time of my life to do something extreme. Watch from your office as I soak in sun and culture in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam this mud season.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I made my way to Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC, Saigon) yesterday afternoon. Phnom Penh was a good city but not very much to do or see there. I was pretty tired last night so just go some rest after the bus ride. Today I will tour some of the sites in HCMC and might stay here again tomorrow if it is interesting. The way to travel in Viet Nam seems to be the open bus ticket itinerary. 17$ gets me from HCMC to Hanoi, with six stops along the way, and make my own schedule for how long I stay in each stop. Next stop after HCMC is either Dalat in land along the Mekong Delta and into the hills, or skipping that and heading up to the mid coast in Na Trang. Na Trang seems like it will be my choice but I am hoping to make some connections that have done Viet Nam north to south and find out whats what. Off for a hot day of sight seeing. Thanks to everyone for birthday wishes.

1 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger mom said...

The pictures are great- friends along the way too.
Check your yahoo for email from Tam Ly with a contact name in Saigon.
Love mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home