Tom's Trip to South East Asia

Out of the 'Boat for a few months of tropical travel. No lease, No Dog, No work, No snow, might be the best time of my life to do something extreme. Watch from your office as I soak in sun and culture in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam this mud season.

Friday, December 15, 2006

I'm back and finally letting you all know I did survive my last day and journey. Been getting myself settled in Steamboat where internet is harder to come by than any town I was in on my trip. (I actually have internet at my house but I couldn't get it to work till today. ) It has been a wierd adjustment coming back to town. I moved into my first solo apartment high on the ski area. It is kinda lonely up here, and kinda far away from everyone else. The seclusion might take some getting used to, although it was all I ever wanted after a long run of shared apartments in Steamboat. The palce is sweet though. I have gorgeous views of the whole valley out the front door and a backyard backing onto national forest mountains. I have a fireplace, my own kitchen with no one grubing the fridge, a washer dryer, huge closets, and soon to be wireless internet. Anyone looking to come visit should hit me up and give me some company in my clean and spacious home this winter, please. Before I left I was nervous that I would be lonely traveling alone, a laughable concern in retrospect. Cause now that I am "home" I feel a bit out of place and alone. But I am still happy and just going through some adjustments as a lot has changed in a short amount of time. 2006 has been a momentus year for me. Be interesting to see how it carries me into 2007.
I was really hoping to be able to see many of you at Christmas this year. I am still trying to figure out what my work schedule will be for the winter. I need to get that settled soon as the biggest adjustment to returning home has been switching back to our cost of living with a budget suitable for Vietnam. So getting back to work is a huge priority, that will dictate any sort of holiday visit. I really wish I could make it but I don't think it is going to happen.
I have gone snowboarding twice since I got back with pretty decent snow fall earlier this week. Steamboat needs a lot more snow though to get enough snowpack to bury everything. El nino is supposedly going to route storms away from normal currents that bring them here for the next few months. Certainly not gonna be the epic winter we had last year but it might be better than than the gloom and doom forecasts, hopefully.
Well that brings you up to where I am now. I might get around to writing more about the trip is summation. I might keep goign with this and update from time to time on the more routine life I lead in steamboat, but I might not. Thanks for reading this far as you must care or be sort of psychotic to have followed me on my trip.
peace
Tom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home